»

Saturday, September 5, 2009

My understanding of who I am and how to get in touch with my core essence which is Pure Presence - SAT CHIT ANANDA - I AM ALL; ALL IS I -

Be centred in the Now; in Presence. This is a blending with all. This is possible for instants and moments when all is in harmony within and without me. This is gone when the ego comes in for even the slightest distraction, an itch, a thought, a sensation. It is still possible to be aware of each while holding a silence within. Then a memory, chore, things needing doing, people, happenings come in and I am lost in ego or mind.

When all is harmony Presence is natural. With an active ego or mind which is fixated on living the right life, doing the right thing, being the right way, it is impossible to find harmony in this dualistic, polarized physical realm. So do I try to be in neutral for creating harmony? This isn't always possible. I have to find peace with who I am as I am - in all my modes, positive and negative, without judgement - of self or others. Once judgement is removed and I accept who I am as I am and all else as they are in the Now, Presence is possible. For judgement and values and dos and don'ts are of the mind and the mind is what stands in the way of Presence. Still the mind and the Greater flows through/enter the Whole. Have no ideas of the Whole; trying to explain it with words like sat chit ananda - because it is meaningless unless experienced. All this is still mental speculation trying to explain a process (?) or beingness (?) using mind which cannot know that which is beyond mind.

And it is so easy to get lost in the mind. For daily life is based on mind. When something happens to us or out in the world, moralistic questions crop up and one is engaged in mind to sort things out, taking a stand, identifying with something or other and well, Beingness seems far away and idealistic and not being realistic. What one has to remember is Beingness is in the present despite what is happening around us. Reality IS. Presence IS. Be present, aware and not engaged in mind - in the past and future. Just be here in the Now, in presence and awareness with what is, in full acceptance. Then the mind won't start the why, what, when, cause, effect, story, drama, past, future, fear, worry, anxiety etc. trips that takes one away from just being here, fully accepting what is. Use the mind for the useful tool that it is.

Does this make sense to me? Can I put it into practice?




0 comments: