»

Thursday, January 21, 2016

From Beyond The Himalayas....

Many have been called but few are chosen.
You have followed that for which you were born.
Few ever do, the world has swallowed them up.

This is poignant for I am so lost in all the things
I think I have to do - so many books to read and 
each removes me from the NOW and my focus on
things spiritual -even spiritual books. At times
I feel like I am losing touch with all that R awakened
in me. I think I do not seem to have the will
to follow a disciplined path. And I think that life is
just so all-encompassing; living busy life itself is
what I am called to do, be it dusting, cleaning, 
cooking or reading, teaching, researching. At these
times it does seem pertinent that this is life and it 
needs living; so not doing R's work or exercises- 
they do not fit into the scheme of things. Just like
I gave up on vegetarianism because it was clashing
with daily social life and my own ability to find joy
in life. Soon all that I was taught and all that I tried
to achieve in spiritual endeavours will dissipate
and even the memories will fade.... and I have pondered
upon this and thought it was inevitable .... to set me 
straight I fell upon these words flipping through 
the above book.

0 comments: