»

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sigh!!

Shall glittering stars and beaming moons me to their heavens take?
Age old hills, clear blue skies soothe my life from ails?
O heavenly denizens who dwell above will my life be as carefree?
O awaiting Death! O grim Reaper, will mine be the same old tale?

Shall I write my life story on streamers of snow?
My signature is stamped upon the trail of life
O will my departure be beautiful and with peace be full….?
A befitting end crown my strives, my trials?

Not of much moment in the history of time
Yet forms a unique pattern in the fabric of Life.
My life with its joys and deep sorrows
Is consecrated unto the perfection of the Soul

The Soul takes flight from its cage of old
Regal and benign, like the Phoenix arisen
From its ashes….to soar to new heights
Returns to its source enlightened.


personal. first two verses written at age 21+ years.
last few verses finished at age 51+ years.

0 comments: