»

Friday, May 30, 2014

Life takes its own time

The best things in Life take a while
When I look at life from the outside looking in
I realize that I am called to play my part the best
I can with what I have. I see that the part I play
is just a participation with many others playing
their parts. There is no responsibility, ownership
or importance in any of these roles. Life happens
and we are called to respond to life and to the 
need at hand. I see it as a role play without need
for emotions and ownership. I see an impersonal
detachment at this higher level. Like watching a
movie in pantomime. This I want to emulate at
the personality level which is wrought with such
emotions, pain and needless suffering for what I
can just call the vicissitudes of life. We suffer 
because we identify with the events of life and 
we want to order and change and direct life but
Life is directed from higher levels - perhaps we
call this Destiny? or God? The stance to take in
all life events especially involving those close 
to us is that of how we attend to the bereavement
of others, understanding their sorrow yet quite
detached ourselves as we go through the motion
of rituals and rites. We stand as witnesses, as 
Observers, neutral yet with a deep empathy but
somehow untouched. This is the stance to take in
our own lives and life events. Thus do we achieve
mastery over our lower self and lower nature.

0 comments: