»

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Shifting Sands

Idly I kick at the soft sand
feeling it trickle between my toes
My thoughts stray to the past
Now seen in a mellow glow
All seemed well then....
All seemed sure.

Now with so much more
In so many ways
Yet there is a longing, a loneliness
That tinges everything
Dulling, numbing... meaningless
Making me question everything


Is it because I have awoken?
To the superficiality of personality life
And know the Soul is all that matters?
Am I missing the lost innocence?
Of youthful nonchalance in the midst 
of the weightiness of life
When life was a serious affair!

Striving had meaning
Excelling meant climbing
An invisible ladder of inner growth
Through outer ambition
Leading to a quality life
measured in worth, health, wealth.
Now does it seem too material?

In limbo I am
As I bridge that which is now outgrown 
And that which I have yet to grow into.
The time of change is bound by
break-up, chaos and loss of meaning.
Confusion, maladies of mind and soul
A death knoll!
For without desire life is a drag...

I will find meaning yet
I slowly transform
Into That which I AM
step by step, spiral by spiral I climb
higher, ever higher till
I transcend and reach the 
Zenith - whatever that may BE
I will know when I AM there. 



















0 comments: